Cydia is surely an iOS app that has been produced by Jay Freeman (aka “saurik”) as an option to Apple’s App Store. Cydia Download is just available for jailbroken iOS devices like iPhone, iPad, & ipod itouch. Unlike the App Store, Cydia offers 1000s of apps, interfaces, system extensions, themes, ringtones, tweaks, wallpaper, …etc, that will permit that you do unlimited customization, improvements, and add-ons in your iOS device.
Also by using Cydia you will be able in order to save digital signature called SHSH Blobs on your current iOS firmware version, that can let you later on to downgrade your device iOS firmware version through the latest firmware on the one you would like to downgrade to (the one you put by the SHSH Blobs for).
SHSH Blobs is employed by Apple to stop users from downgrading their iOS firmware version to anything older than the most recent iOS version.
To become capable of download and install Cydia on the iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, you have to jailbreak your device first. So what is jailbreak? Jailbreak is the process that allows you to gain root accessibility to command type of the iOS system to your device, that will naturally remove any limitations imposed by Apple, and invite that you download Cydia that may open of the question for unlimited the possiblility to customize your jailbroken iOS device.
To jailbreak iPhone, iPad, or itouch you need to find the proper jailbreak software for the specific device, because each jailbreak software is developed simply for specific models, iOS, and, baseband versions, and even jailbreak software at one point or another is probably not intended for your device. For Jailbreak Compatibility << click here.
Cydia FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
• How do i download Cydia? First you must know your device model, and iOS firmware version, then go to our jailbreak compatibility web application and check to see if a jailbreak is available for your device, after that sign up or login to our members zone, and follow our easy and step by step instructions to jailbreak your device. (few minutes process)
• What are Cydia Repositories? Repositories (aka sources) is the online hub in which cydia developers store their apps, games, themes, tweaks,…etc. Cydia already comes with few repositories that includes thousands of free & paid apps. But there is a lot more repositories that can be added, that includes even more apps. Here is a list of the Top Cydia Repositories (sources):
o 4PP13 Team Repository >> http://apt.123locker.com
o A-steroids >> http://a-esteroids.com/cydia/
o AppleNewsFR >> http://apple-news.fr/repo/
o BigBoss & Planet-iPhones >> http://apt.bigboss.us.com/repofiles/cydia/
o Bloc Apple en Catalá >> http://apple.blocks.cat/repo/
o Clubiphone >> http://www.clubifone.org/repo
o comcute&gecko; >> http://gecko.pri.ee/cydia/
o CZ&SK; >> http://csid.tym.cz/repo/
o Darvens Repository >> http://apt.guardiansofchaos.com/
o David Ashman >> http://david.ashman.com/apt/
o EasyWakeup >> http://easywakeup.net/rep/
o Epelle6 >> http://elpelle6.com/repo
o FilippoBiga Repo >> http://filippobiga.me/repo/
o Free Coder >> http://iphone.freecoder.org/apt/
o Hack&Dev.org >> http://iphone.hackndev.org/apt/
o Hackulo.us >> http://cydia.hackulo.us
o hkvls.dyndns.com >> http://hkvls.dyndns.com/downloads/debian
o Howett >> http://howett.net/cydia
o i-Apps >> http://cydia.i-apps.pl/
o iAcces >> http://www.iacces.com/apt/
o iBlueToothProject >> http://ibluetoothproject.com/cydia
o iClarified >> http://cydia.iClarified.com
o iFon Norway >> http://c.iFon1.no
o iFoneguide.nl >> http://cydia.ifoneguide.nl/
o iJailbreak.com >> http://www.ijailbreak.com/repository
o IngiliZanahtari >> http://apt.ingilizanahtari.com/
o Intelliborn >> http://intelliborn.com/cydiav/
o iPhone Video Recorder >> http://www.iphonevideorecorder.com
o iPhone-patch (Bulgarian) >> http://mc2.iphoneall.org/
o iPhone-patch >> http://mspasov.com/
o iPhone.ir Repo >> http://ir-iphone.ir/cydia/
o iphone.org.hk >> http://www.iphone.org.hk/apt/
o iphonehe.com >> http://iphonehe.com/iphone/
o iphoneIslam >> http://apps.iphoneislam.com/
o iPhonemmod.br >> http://cydia.iphonemod.com.br/
o iPhones-notes.de Repo >> http://apt.iphone-storage.de/
o iPuhelin.com >> http://ipuhelin.com/cydia/
o iRom gba/Apps >> http://iromrepo.com/Cydia/gba/
o iRom Genesis Roms >> http://iromrepo.com/Cydia/genesis/
o iRom SNES Roms >> http://iromrepo.com/Cydia/snes
o iSoftRu >> http://ir-iphone.ir/cydia/
o iSpazio >> http://ispaziorepo.com/cydia/apt
o lHackers.nl >> http://apt.hackers.nl/
o Macbury >> http://macbury.jogger.pl/files/
o ModMyiFone >> http://apt.modmyi.com/
o MyApple >> http://cydia.myapple.pl/
o Niklas Schroder >> http://apt.paperclipsandscrambledeggs.com
o PwnCenter >> http://apt.pwncenter.com/
o Ranbee >> http://ranbee.com/repo/
o Redwolfberry >> http://redwolfberry.com/rupertgee/cydia/
o RichCreations >> http://www.richcreations.com/iphone/apt/
o SiNfuL iPhone >> http://www.sinfuliphonerepo.com
o Sleepers >> http://repo.sleepers.com/cydia
o SOS iPhone >> http://cy.sosiphone.com/
o Ste Packaging >> http://repo.smxy.org/cydia/apt/
o Steffwiz >> http://apt.steffwiz.com/dists/steffwiz/main/binary-iphoneos-arm/
o Telesphoreo Tangelo >> http://apt.saurik.com/
o TouchMania >> http://cydia.touch-mania.com/
o urbanfanatics.com >> http://urbanfanatics.com/cydia/
o Vwallpapers >> http://i.danstaface.net/deb/
o WeHo >> http://weho.ru/iphone/
o Weiphone Source >> http://app.weiphone.com/cydia/
o xSellize >> http://cydia.xsellize.com
o XSellize >> http://xsellize.com/cydia/
o XSellize VIP >> http://xsellize.com/cydia/usuario-password
o yellowsn0w >> http://apt9.yellowsn0w.com/
o Zodttd & MacCiti >> http://cydia.zodttd.com
o ZodTTD >> http://www.zodttd.com/repo/cydia/
o Zuijlen >> http://zuijlen.eu
• How to set up Repositories? How you can add Sources? Installing Repositories is conducted using standard steps that refers to all Repositories, in order to use the instructions in the following website link to put in Cydia Repositories, just switch the Repository from the tutorial while using Repository you want to add in the list above.
• Top 10 Cydia Applications: Here’s a report on the very best 10 Apps you could download through Cydia (Inaccessible in Apple apps store):
1. Winterboard (a personalized look of of one’s device)
2. iFile (file manager)
3. Activator (adds gestures, hardware button, and shortcut management for iOS)
4. BiteSMS (customize your device SMS)
5. Safari Download Manager (download manager)
6. SBSettings (adds extra settings control)
7. Kill Background (kill running apps quickly)
8. MyWi 5.0 (make use of your iOS device as Hotspot)
9. FolderLock (password protect folders)
10. OpenSSH (edit system files)
• How to set up an App from Cydia? To put in any app you can use the instructions inside the link that follows Install Apps in Cydia.
• I cannot find the app i installed through Cydia? Most of the apps that you just download through Cydia does not have an app icon just like the apps you download in the Apple app store. Nearly all of those apps are extensions, themes, customization, tweaks, and that means you will likely need to see the description to the app before you decide to download so that you know how to access the cydia app and then use it.
• What are Softwares that are offered through Cydia? Cydia comes with a number of free and paid iOS apps which are unavailable within the Apple apps store, including apps, games, themes, tweaks, add-ons, extensions, wallpaper, ringtones, …etc.
• Can i transfer my Cydia purchased apps to new device? Yes if you happen to remove Cydia after which add it again in your device or you are using it on a different device, you may still access and download your purchased apps by logging to your account with Cydia.
• Fix stuck in Safe Mode issue! Getting stuck in safe mode mostly occurs adding or downloading broken sources, to fix this matter, remove any recent sources you added, restart your device, and start adding them one by one to determine what one is creating the issue, and eliminate it.
• What is SHSH blob? SHSH Blobs can be like a signature of your respective device. They actually exist because Apple are widely-used to control the manual software downgrade of iOS devices. These Blobs are unique per device, & iOS version. After you jailbreak your unit and install Cydia, it will automatically save the SHSH Blob for your device, along with your current iOS version, so you can downgrade to this particular version in case you need to in the future.
• Compatible devices with Cydia? When you cannot have Cydia until you jailbreak your iOS device, downloading Cydia in your iOS device, is dependent upon if your jailbreak software programs are intended for your specific oral appliance iOS firmware version you aren’t. To see if you’ll be able to install Cydia on your own iOS device please go through the website link that follows, Check Cydia Compatibility.
• How to take out Cydia? It is deemed an easy task, just bear in mind should you thought we would eliminate it, you may lose every one of the apps you downloaded through Cydia, and you may lose your jailbreak. In the event you still wish to eliminate it, all you want do is to restore your device through iTunes towards the latest iOS firmware version, which will remove Cydia for you, make sure you backup your iOS device first.
• How to cover Cydia? Please continue with the steps below:
o Open Cydia, tap Search and look for SBSettings
o Tap Install, then Confirm.
o Launch SBSettings & configure it to cover up Cydia.
As you can tell Cydia, is a must have app for iOS devices, as it virtually free your device by reviewing the virtual jail cell, and it releases it external world, where your jailbroken iOS device, could be all, it could be.
I’d want to hear your feedback, thoughts, experience, and questions on this short article, please utilize the comments section below.